Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Eric and Pattie....and George.

I highly, HIGHLY recommend reading these two books if you have not already. In short, Pattie Boyd (whom Penny Lane from "Almost Famous" was loosely based on) was married to George Harrison (Beatles), but Eric Clapton (who was George Harrison's best friend at the time) was obsessed with her and would not give up. Pattie eventually left George for Eric (must be nice) and they had a crazy, abusive love affair resulting in some of the best songs ever written...Layla, Wonderful Tonight, Have you ever loved a Woman, Something (one of the songs featured in Across the Universe). Could you imagine saying "Oh yea, Layla? NBD that's about me. Eric Clapton was madly in love with me and basically couldn't live without me." Pattie can...



Eric Clapton's Autobiography goes into more detail about his childhood, affairs with multiple women, child he fathered from one of the affairs ("Tears in Heaven" was written about his son), and crazy acid trips/partying with his BFF's like the Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Band, Jimi Hendrix, Genesis, and Allman Bros.

READ IT. LOVE IT.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Great post. I had no idea about this story! Definitely want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read the Eric Clapton book. I will put it on my summer reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tine, Doug had a gift certificate to Barnes & Noble so I stole it yesterday (it was ok because my grandmother gave it to him). I got in there and was really sad because I could not find anything! Then magically your blog post came to my mind and I got very excited. I could not remember the name of the book so I made customer service go to your blog. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love Patti Boyd and that book! Need to read the Clapton one next!

    ReplyDelete