My body would beg to differ. This past weekend I took it easy on Friday night and watched Inglorious Bastards (great movie) so that I could get up at 6am to go skiing. Miraculously - there was NO traffic for the first time this season so I arrived promptly at 8:15am - meaning I was one of the 1st people on the mountain. Needless to say, I was completely wiped out by about 12:45pm (Keystone was pretty much deserted...again miraculous...so I didn't wait in a lift line once and therefore skied a LOT). I got back to Boulder and got ready to head to Denver for the Galactic show that night.
Here's where the 50 year old in me kicked in. On my way to Denver I got my 2nd cup of coffee for the day b/c I knew there was no way I would still be awake by 11pm if I didn't drink more caffine. We finally got to the show and slowly made our way to the very front of the venue (I have this new annoying habit where I feel it is absolutey necessary to literally be in the front row up against the railing of every concert I go to. I also find it incredibly annoying when drunk college girls are bumping into me/pushing me, even though I am painfully aware that I was probably that girl 3 years ago).
Here's where the 60 year old in me kicked in. Robin and I decided, around 11:30/12 pm, that we'd rather not go to the bars after the concert b/c we were just TOO tired. Instead we ran through the grocery store (reminiscent of post NDF Harris Teeter escapades in college), got random food (Robin got sausage, bacon, and donuts I think?), went back to Thomas' place, proceeded to have a long discussion on why Robin needs new glasses, ate, and passed out.
Here's where the 70 year old in me kicked in. Thomas' roommate had gone out to the bars after the concert and came back around 2:30/3am and turned on all of the lights, proceeded to open at least 3 bags of chips, then turned on his tv in his room full blast which I could hear from the den where I was sleeping. This was very, very frustrating for a person who is VERY serious about their weekend sleeping habits. Great Christine when did you turn 75?
The next day, the post-college-can't hang anymore-lame 24 year old kicked in when I suffered from a very inconvenient, extreme laziness-inducing hangover, which made me want to lay on the couch all day and watch SATC.
Some highlights....winning....duh...
![]() |
| N/S Bowls at Keystone |
![]() |
| Galactic @ Fillmore |
![]() |
| Post-glow stick harassment |
| Galctic with Cyril Neville |



Welcome to my world. Except when I drink coffee after 4 pm, I can't fall asleep at all.
ReplyDeleteFYI....the front row is the worst place to be in terms of hearing everything that's played.
ReplyDeleteI love this post! I am finding all of these things to be incredibly true in my life right now! miss yall!
ReplyDelete