Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I have reentered the world...

This was probably one of the best trips/vacations I've ever been on.  We spent time in Utah, Nevada, and California, and drove through the southern part of Wyoming on the way back.  The Western US is in-credible.  There were multiple points along the way where I felt like I was in a different country, different world for that matter (this was probably magnified by the outrageous amount of foreigners in every national park - Americans are definitely the minority in national parks out west).  So here's how it went...

Pre (vaca) Party - MMJ @ RR with Deano!
Day 1 - Dixie Nat'l Forest, Utah - camped in an  Aspen Grove on Navajo Lake
Day 2 - Zion Nat'l Park, Utah - Hiked The Narrows.  Probably my favorite part of the trip.
Night 2 - Pulled into VEGAS, NV!  My first trip to Vegas
Day 3 - Drove to Lake Tahoe, CA
Day 4 - Rented a boat and headed out to a beautiful cove on the lake
Night 4 - PHISH night 1
Day 5 - PHISH night 2
Day 6 - Park City, Utah
Day 7 - Boulder


** Brace yourself...this is a long blog post.  Sorry.
Dean's first trip to Red Rocks

MMJ. Awesome show

Aspen Grove in Dixie

The Narrows
** The Narrows hike is basically a low river running through a narrow canyon.  You can only hike it at certain points in the year when the water is low enough, unless you want to swim the whole way.aka. no way.  There are points where it clears a little to one side or the other where you can get out and walk on the side, but for the most part you are at knee-high water level or higher the whole way.  Very. Very. Cool.



Heading into the deepest part...with my brand new camera over my head...smart.

Vegas - Freemont


Bellagio water show

Lake Tahoe

The cove

Phish.

Phriends.

I will spare you the 100 pics I took at the shows

Sebastian and I contemplating the trip in Park City

2 comments:

  1. Can we start planning a 2012 Western US Tour? This looks incredible!! Especially hiking The Narrows.

    ReplyDelete